Friday, July 08, 2005

Mad Hot Ballroom

I went to see this movie last night and it was SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!! It is a documentary about a ballroom dance competition that takes place among some of the NYC public schools. I have been learning ballroom dancing, so that helped me to enjoy the parts when the kids were working on their dances, but you would not have to know anything about dancing to like this movie. The kids are so hilarious... some of them just have such odd personalities. I was laughing so hard at their comments and reactions. It was so neat to see the kids get excited for their teammates while they were dancing, you would think they were watching a basketball game by their energy levels!

The movie was playing only at the independent movie houses, which made it difficult to find, and has probably finished its run in most places - Thursday was the last night in Charlotte, at the Manor. But I am sure it will be available for rental soon, so look for it! I would love to watch it again myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home