Wednesday, September 28, 2005

And everywhere I'd look, your eyes I'd find

My favorite Bob Dylan song, "Catch the Wind" is now on a Volvo commercial. That song has the power to make me cry. But not the Dylan version, the Donovan version. The Donovan version of "Catch the Wind" makes me cry. But that's not saying much. [EDIT: Ok, so it was never Dylan. My bad.]

Today I faced my mortality in the form of Open Enrollment. I opted for no Disability Insurance. I looked directly into the face of potential accidents between November 2005 and October 2006 and said "SCREW YOU!!" I am officially on emotion overload.

Have you ever seen footage of Bob Dylan from the early 60's?? He's actually very articulate and attractive. I wonder if people will say that about me one day?? "She was once actually very articulate and attractive." I guess it's already too late to start gathering footage.

2 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I know, "Catch the Wind" is a Donovan song. It's Dylan-esque... but as far as I can find, he didn't write it nor did he cover it.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I think I accidentally deleted a comment up there.... ooops... but yes I was wrong about Dylan... not sure what make me think that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home