Friday, September 30, 2005

Catch the wind...

In the chilly hours and minutes
Of uncertainty
I want to be
In the warm hold of your lovin' mind.

To feel you all around me
And to take your hand
Along the sand,
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When sundown pales the sky
I want to hide a while
Behind your smile,
And everywhere I'd look, your eyes I'd find.

For me to love you now
Would be the sweetest thing,
'T would make me sing,
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When rain has hung the leaves with tears,
I want you near to kill my fears
To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standing in your heart
Is where I want to be
And I long to be
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind...

7 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear, this song is not written by, nor performed by Bob Dylan.

It's Donovan

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hm... I think you are right! I heard the album version first, then heard the Dylan-ish version later, and just assumed it was Dylan.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy: I heard a fleeting moment of “Catch the Wind” on the Volvo commercial and it immediately took me to an exact and significant moment in time for me in 1966. Then on Sunday night “Catch the Wind” was the closing song on the TV show Cold Case and they played nearly the entire song. Unlike the Volvo commercial, the context in the Cold Case episode was beautiful and appropriate for the song. During a Google search for the exact album I stumbled across your blog and thought I’d leave a message for a fellow coinsure of the Dylan/Donovan genre. I’ve always been amazed how music can link seemingly unrelated events across decades. Anyway my search ended last night at a local used CD store when I found the two CD set Donovan-Troubadour; The Definitive Collection/1964-1976. I highly recommend it to any Donovan fan.

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny i was introduced to the song on an episode of the wonder years.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, was introduced to the Bob Dylan version on an episode of the Wonder Years--the one where Kevin bonds with his older sister--and have loved it ever since. Also, having been raised by "Hippies," I have a special place in my heart for Dylan!

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVED the version on the volvo commercial.
it sounded like dylan to me too-
have a feeling that the version we all heard is neither by dylan nor available anywhere in the world. it simply exists as a verse, in a commercial.
i miss it-
nat

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Volvo version is on Donovan's Troubador album. It sure do sound like Dylan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home