Friday, October 07, 2005

Meth: A Sacramental Drug?

Does anyone remember the story of Ashley Smith, the young lady who was taken hostage by the prisoner in Georgia a few months back? She apparently had experienced a rough life... husband killed, drug addiction, daughter not living with her... and she was able to talk her attacker into letting her go. She shared her religious experiences and read to him from "The Purpose-Driven Life". Apparently, she shared more than her personal testimony, she also shared her stash of crystal meth. I suppose now we'll now hear everyone praising the power of Hillbilly Heroin.

I can't decide if this is hilarious, horrible, or somewhere in between. I'm certainly not judging the lady, she did what she had to do!! If someone kidnapped me, I would jump on the internet and get the recipe to mix up a new batch if needed! I just think this news will come as a shock to people who held her up as an example of "this is how you handle people" ... and what is sad to me is that Those People will be so disappointed. But that's what happens when you use mere mortals as your "examples" in life.

The story on CNN.com

1 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Ms Smith openly admits her problems with drugs. I imagine that is how she ended up seperated from her daughter. I admire the woman and I hope my spiritual journey with God should be so strong. As Christians we are to humble ourselves, what is more humbling than to stand witness before the world and admit to our shortcommings and sins, even to non-believers who will laugh at you and call you a fool or a hippocrit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home